The Internet has a number of amazing uses. Indeed, whether you are a nurse or doctor, or any other health care professional, you can find a number of resources online to help you improve your knowledge, and give you the means to be a better health care practitioner. Today, there are even games that can help you improve your abilities.
Whether you are still going to school to be a nurse, or whether you are working in the field, it is possible for you to learn some useful knowledge and skills with the help of online games. There are a number of games that center around medicine and health. Even those games aimed at children can provide a refresher course. Here are 30 great online games to help you learn about medicine and health:
Games to Help You Learn About Medicine
- Medical School: Learn about different parts of the body, and figure out what you need to know to get through medical school. Unlock diseases and learn about different medical careers. Educational and fun.
- Heart Transplant: Try to transplant a heart. The main point of this game is to raise awareness of a shortage of organs. A great game that is fun, and that educates about becoming an organ donor.
- Control Cell Cycle: Learn more about the cell cycle as you play this game. Control the cell cycle as you work to get things right when it comes to cell division and chromosome duplication.
- Anatomy & Physiology: A great medical game, designed like a slot machine, to help you learn more about certain aspects of anatomy and physiology. A fun game that is quick and easy to play. Go for the jackpot!
- Heart and Blood Vessels: This Wheel of Fortune style game helps you learn about the heart and blood vessels. Colorful and fun.
- MEDtropolis: A cool game and virtual tour of the body. Interactive and fun. A great learning tool, study aid or refresher.
- MedMyst: This is a cool online game that helps you solve medical mysteries. Developed by Rice University, this game helps you learn about different diseases as you play the game and solve the mystery.
- TraumaMedic: Fun transport game, as well as quizzes, tips, and more. A great way to learn about EMS and nursing.
Games and Calculators About Life Expectancy
- The Longevity Game: This game is offered by a life insurance company. You can see how different health habits can directly affect your life expectancy.
- Virtual Age: Get an idea of your virtual age. This might be different from your “real” age. Indeed, depending on your health habits, you may be older or younger than your “real” age.
- Living to 100 Calculator: Use this game/quiz to determine what you can do to improve your health and live to the ripe old age of 100.
- How Long Will I Live?: Get the scoop on how long you live with this game/calculator. Includes a great look at what factors you might change to improve your health. Educational when it comes to what you are doing about your health.
- Test of Life: This great Facebook application and game helps you learn more about your health, and how it affects your longevity. A great tool to help you educate patients, or provide yourself with a healthy reminder.
- Life Expectancy Calculator: MSN Money provides a great calculator to help you figure out which health habits you can modify to live longer.
- Death’s Time: This isn’t really health related, or based on medical research. But it’s fun. If you’re on Facebook, just head over, and you will b provided with a death date and time — and manner of demise.A fun way to spend 30 seconds.
Food and Fitness Online Games
- Lunch Crunch 2: Designed for kids, this game nevertheless works to help those of all ages learn about healthy nutrition.
- Pyramid Pile Up Plus: Learn about the food pyramid through this fun and educational game.
- Bubble Rubble: This game is all about exercise. Find out what makes an active lifestyle. Aimed at kids, but fun for adults as well.
- Toothman: Part of a healthy lifestyle is keeping your dental hygiene intact. While this is aimed at children, it is still a great game for adults.
- Fitness Frenzy: A fun game that helps you learn more about exercise and physical activity. Also includes a time management aspect.
- Wendy’s Wellness Online: Learn more about fitness and general wellness. Learn what items can help you live a more balanced and healthy life.
- Nutrition Explorations: Mainly for kids, but you can learn from the games as well.
Health and Medicine Quizzes
- Medical Terminology: Use these quizzes to learn more about medical terms. Includes medical jargon, common terms and more. A great way to learn something new, or to brush up on information you already know.
- Medical Myths Quiz: A great quiz to help you sort fact from fiction in the medical world.
- Medical Lingo: A variety of quizzes designed to help you learn more about medicine, terminology and jargon. Includes abbreviations.
- Medical Cases: Great quizzes, tests and more that can help you learn more about medicine. All about medical case files.
- Health Quizzes: This site offers access to a number of health quizzes. Learn more about your health, and how to improve it.
- QualityHealth: A number of great quizzes designed to help you learn more about health and medical conditions.
- Kaboose Health Quizzes: Variety of health quizzes on different issues related to health.
- Health Quizzes: These are designed to help you test whether or not you are at risk for certain conditions.