Everyone knows that networking is essential in trying to stay afloat in todayâ€™s unpredictable economy. Networking is equally important when trying to get a promotion or even when trying to figure out an educational path. Listed below are five helpful social networking sites to help potential and professional nurses gain an edge in the healthcare industry.
- Nursegroups.com is a site that is dedicated to helping prospective nurses find the right nursing program, and helps those already in the nursing profession find jobs based on location and specialty. Nursegroups.com has a wide array of resources and articles available for those in the medical profession to read and range from nursing from a historical perspective to current events. As a social networking site, Nursegroups works as type of online classified section for nurses to help find what they need.
- Nurselinkup is one of the many specialized social networking sites provided by Online LinkUp. Members are able to delve into the topics of their choosing after signing up on the main Link Up site and from there the possibilities are endless. Members have full access to that site and may converse at their convenience, and the sites are constantly growing.
- NurseConnect is an online nursing community and networking site forÂ nurses and other healthcare professionals interested in advancing their education, careers and personal lives by sharing experiences and knowledge with others. NurseConnect is owned and operated by AMN Healthcare, Inc, which has been around for over 21 years, and whose Â major nursing divisions have received the Gold Seal of Approvalâ„¢ two years running by the Joint Commission.
- Nurse.com was established with the purpose of enhancing the professional lives of nurses and other healthcare professionals and sharing their noteworthy contributions to society as a whole. Nurse.com is affiliated with 13 regional nursing magazines and makes available an assortment of education offerings and more than a dozen annual professional development and nursing specialty guides. The website also can also help nurses locate career fairs, other relevant web sites and helpful consulting services.
- My Nurse Book is devoted to the collaborative effort of solving the global nurse shortage. The lack of working nurses is a worldwide occurrence that is hampering our current healthcare system and creating unfavorable working conditions for nurses currently in the field. The website offers access to software technologies, educational tools, and aids in the long-term strategic planning in hopes of making nursing a more attractive and rewarding experience.