LPN/LVN to BSN Track
While the prospect of obtaining a fast track (also known as a bridge) Bachelor of Science in nursing degree may be enticing to some licensed practical or licensed vocational nurses (LPN/LVN), the greatest benefit to completing an LPN/LVN to BSN fast track program is becoming a registered nurse along the way.
My Degree and What It’s Good For
While it’s not a requirement to obtain a BSN to become an RN, it’s no secret that career opportunities increase, earning potential rises, as well as the ability to enact some personal career choice both in the near future and down the road. At the same time, a fast track program often allows prior work experience, certification, and/or coursework to be applied, allowing candidates to complete the program that much sooner.
My Earning Potential
The earning potential for a registered nurse certainly trumps that of an LPN/LVN; the median annual salary for an RN is about $65,000, while about $40,000 for an LPN/LVN (BLS.gov). While the registered nursing field is expecting 26 percent job growth in the coming years, the financial and career benefits can be taken one step further when a BSN enters the equation. A registered nurse’s ability to obtain future leadership, research, or teaching positions heightens when he/she holds a BSN, and although the industry is growing at a rate faster than most in the U.S., competition is still heightening for prime positions. A BSN helps give RNs a leg up on many of their counterparts.
Online LPN/LVN to BSN Programs
Other Online Bridge Programs
- The College Network — Paramedic to RN
- American Sentinel University — RN to BSN
- Anna Maria College — RN to BSN
- Chamberlain College of Nursing — RN to BSN
- Colorado Christian University — BSN (RN to BSN Degree Completion)
- Colorado Technical University — RN to BSN
- Drexel University — RN to BSN
- Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences — RN to BSN
- Gannon University — RN to BSN
- Graceland University — RN to BSN
- Grand Canyon University — RN to BSN
- Kaplan University — RN to BSN
- Keiser University — RN to BSN
- National American University — RN to BSN
- Pima Medical Institute — RN to BSN
- Sacred Heart University — RN to BSN
- St. Peter’s College — RN to BSN
- Sullivan University — RN to BSN
- University of Illinois at Chicago — RN to BSN
- Utica College — RN to BSN
- University of Saint Mary — RN to BSN
- Walden University — RN to BSN
- Western Governors University — RN to BSN
Online LVN to BSN Degree Programs
For those looking to make the jump from being a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) to registered nurse (RN), the LVN to BSN degree is the perfect choice. Below are several accredited online colleges that offer nursing degree programs, ideal for any LVN/LPN looking to advance their careers and earn higher salaries.
Other Online Nursing Degrees
Search for your LVN to BSN degree...
Complete this short form and we'll match you with degree programs tailored to your interests.